- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
THR reported Zemeckis and Wasington’s involvement in the project in April. Paramount remains in search of a female lead for Flight.
Written by John Gatins, Flight is the story of “Whip” (Washington), an airline pilot with substance abuse issues who saves 98 lives when a damaged engine threatens an airplane flight.
Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald will produce under their Parkes/MacDonald production banner; Zemeckis, Steve Starkey, and Jack Rapke will also produce under their ImageMovers banner.
The project will be Zemeckis’ first live action film since Cast Away (2000). The Oscar-winning director-producer of Forrest Gump and Back to the Future has made a handful of performance capture films over the last decade, but Zemeckis’ most recent performance caption project, Mars Needs Moms — which he produced — was a box office bust this spring.
Zemeckis is represented by CAA, Washington is represented by WME and Gatins is represented by UTA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day