- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The “Blurred Lines” singer’s performance will take place on Friday, Aug. 23 at New York’s Terminal 5, one of several free shows happening throughout New York and Brooklyn leading up to the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards.
The Lifebeat benefit concert has become an annual tradition preceding the VMAs. Previous years have featured on-the-verge artists and major acts like Phoenix, Kid Cudi, Beastie Boys, Maroon 5, and more.
Time Warner Cable partners with the non-profit for the second time and has so far distributed 200 tickets to New York customers earlier this week. The company will continue giving out tickets via sweepstakes on Twitter.
Cases of HIV/AIDS continue to rise throughout America with 1,000 people between the ages 13-24 becoming newly infected every month.
The 2013 MTV Video Music Awards will be broadcast live from Brooklyn’s Barclays Center on Aug. 25 at 9:00 p.m.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day