- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
One might assume Robin Wright spends hours picking out just the right look, but that’s not so.
The actress — who plays the cold and incredibly poised Claire Underwood on Netflix’s House of Cards — says stylist Kemal Harris knows her so well that they are able to get the job done quickly.
“We’ve worked together for so many years. She knows what works on my body and what doesn’t. We’re only there for, like, 30 minutes, and we try on three or four things,” Wright tells THR.
Harris, who with styling partner Karla Welch is No. 4 on The Hollywood Reporter‘s 25 Most Powerful Stylists of 2014, fondly recalls Wright’s look for this year’s Golden Globes, where the actress won best actress for a television series drama.
“That was a beautiful Ralph Lauren dress that had a beautiful tuxedo top with a high neck and a flowing black bottom,” says Kemal. “It also had beautiful elements of menswear tailoring, which is something we keep in mind.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day