- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Saturday Night Live actor Will Forte is joining the all-star cast of Rock of Ages, New Line’s adaptation of the Broadway musical being directed by Adam Shankman.
Forte joins a cast that includes Tom Cruise, Malin Akerman, Alec Baldwin, Bryan Cranston, Mary J. Blige, Russell Brand, Paul Giamatti, Julianne Hough, Catherine Zeta-Jones and newcomer Diego Gonzalez Boneta.
Ages tells the story, replete with hair-band music, of a small-town girl (Hough) who comes to Hollywood for the 1980s music scene and is nearly destroyed by it. Although she falls for a budding musician named Drew (Boneta), she also catches the eye of Stacee Jaxx (Cruise), an arrogant rocker at the height of his career. She ends up as a stripper in a club run by Blige but also finds true love at the end.
Forte is playing Mitch Miley, the head anchor of a network news show. The part was not in the stage musical.
UTA and Mosaic-repped Forte is currently shooting I Hate You Dad opposite Adam Sandler and Andy Samberg. He will be seen in this fall’s A Good Old Fashioned Orgy and also lends his voice to Fox’s newest animated series, Allen Gregory.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day