- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Pulitzer Prize-winning film critic Roger Ebert has been hospitalized after fracturing a hip.
His wife, Chaz Ebert, told the Associated Press her husband is making progress and that ‘‘doctors are making assessments’’ as to when he will be released from the hospital.
She also gave an update on her husband’s condition via Twitter, joking about how the Chicago Sun-Times critic received the injury.
Roger in hospital with hip fracture (tricky disco dance moves) but he is doing well, asking for computer, will probably tweet.
— Chaz (@ChazEbert) December 6, 2012
Ebert also tweeted about his hospitalization Thursday, writing:
Yes, fracture. But no surgery needed. Details follow. 🙂
— Roger Ebert (@ebertchicago) December 6, 2012
He later posted a link to his review of Citadel. Ebert, 70, has dealt with health issues in recent years, fighting cancer in his thyroid and salivary glands and losing the ability to speak because of the cancer. His 2011 memoir, Life Itself, is being adapted into a film in a project uniting Martin Scorsese, Steven Zaillian and Hoop Dreams director Steve James.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day