- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
TORONTO – The U.S. series Louie, starring Louis C.K., and Sons of Anarchy are coming to Canada after domestic broadcaster Rogers Media and FX Networks partnered to launch FX Canada here on November 1.
The news was unveiled Saturday by Rogers Media president of broadcasting Scott Moore and Eric Schrier, executive vp of FX Productions and head of series development for the U.S. channel.
“FX complements Rogers Media’s strong portfolio of broadcast assets such as Citytv, OLN and Rogers Sportsnet and showcases our commitment to building upon our television business,” Moore said in explaining the expansion of FX into Canada under Rogers’ stewardship.
FX Canada will feature original and library catalogue FX series, movies and original Canadian series and sporting events from elsewhere on the Rogers dial.
The agreement will see new FX programming from FX Productions or Twentieth Century Fox Television air on FX Canada.
Original FX series that will air on FX Canada will include American Horror Story, from producers Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk, the comedy Wilfred, starring Elijah Wood and Jason Gann, another comedy The League, and the dramas Lights Out and Terriers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day