- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Chris Weitz is set to scale The Mountain Between Us for Fox 2000.
Weitz, who is writing Star Wars spinoff Rogue One and recently penned Disney’s live-action hit Cinderella, will do a rewrite on the drama.
Charlie Hunnam and Rosamund Pike were to have starred as a pair who fall in love while stranded in the wilderness after a plane crash, but the project currently is not cast.
J. Mills Goodloe and Scott Frank wrote earlier drafts of the screenplay.
Weitz has been brought in to get the film in shape for an early summer shoot somewhere in the Southern Hemisphere, where it will be winter and snowing.
Hany Abu-Assad (Paradise Now) is directing the pic for Fox 2000 and Chernin Entertainment, based on the 2010 best-selling novel by Charles Martin.
Peter Chernin and Jenno Topping are producing the project, with Fox 2000’s Marisa Paiva overseeing it.
Weitz — who moves between writing, directing and producing — has become one of the most in-demand screenwriters in Hollywood in recent years, especially since landing the Star Wars gig.
He is repped by WME and attorney Alex Kohner at Morris Yorn.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day