- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The author, journalist and TV host announced on Twitter that he was leaving the cable news network on April 6, because, as he told one user, “new boss wants his own peeps.” The new boss to whom he was referring was Jeff Zucker, who was brought in last year to make over the struggling network.
Martin got himself in hot water during last year’s Super Bowl, when he sent out a tweet that many called homophobic.
“If a dude at your Super Bowl party is hyped about David Beckham‘s H&M underwear ad,” he wrote, “smack the ish out of him!”
A one-time radio host, Martin still hosts Washington Watch, a show seen online and on the TV One network.
CNN has let several long-time contributors go, including James Carville, Mary Matalin and Bill Bennett. On Monday, the network launched Jake Tapper‘s new show, The Lead. Anthony Bourdain has a new travel show due out in early April.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day