- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The 61-year-old says the rape occurred at a house in Gstaad in February 1972. Langer is the fourth woman to come forward accusing the director of assault.
Per the report, Polanski’s lawyer Harland Braun declined to comment on the accusations. The Oscar-winning filmmaker previously pleaded guilty in 1977 to having unlawful sex with Samantha Geimer, who was 13 at the time. He fled the U.S. in 1978 before sentencing in the case and has been living in exile ever since.
Polanski, in a rare press interview, said Monday of the decades-old case: “As far as what I did: It’s over. I pleaded guilty. I went to jail. I came back to the United States to do it, people forget about that, or don’t even know. I then was locked up here [in Zurich] after this festival. So in the sum, I did about four or five times more than what was promised to me.”
A rep for Polanski did not immediately return The Hollywood Reporter‘s request for comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Representation in Hollywood