- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Howard will direct the film, which Grazer will produce alongside Translation founder and CEO Steve Stoute and @radical.media. Jay-Z, who is headlining and curating the festival, will exec produce with Anheuser–Busch vp marketing Paul Chibe.
The two-day festival will feature such artists as Pearl Jam, Run-DMC, Drake, Skrillex, Rick Ross, Miike Snow, Odd Future and Janelle Monae. Rumors are circulating that Beyonce will join husband Jay-Z on stage. Imagine didn’t comment on Beyonce’s involvement.
Howard said the pic will not be a concert film but rather “a reflection of the fabric of what it means to be Made in America — what the festival represents, why Jay is doing it and how he relates to each artist.”
Grazer previously teamed with Stoute on the music-themed film 8 Mile, starring Eminem. Producer @radical.media enjoys had a long track record of producing award-winning music films including the Grammy-winning Concert for George, Metallica: Some Kind of Monster, Jay-Z’s Fade to Black and the recent Emmy-nominated Paul Simon documentary Under African Skies.
Imagine is eyeing a 2013 release, though no distribution deal is in place.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day