- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ronda Rousey took aim at Floyd Mayweather Jr. on the red carpet at the 2015 ESPY Awards.
Rousey was presented with the trophy for best fighter before the start of the ceremony, and the MMA champ included a couple of digs at Mayweather’s expense in accepting the prize. She also topped Donald Cerrone, Terence Crawford and Gennady Golovkin in the category.
“I wonder how Floyd feels being beat by a woman for once,” Rousey told ESPN’s Jesse Palmer and Cari Champion. Rousey then added about the boxer: “I’d like to see you pretend to not know who I am now.”
Her initial remark is a reference to Mayweather having been charged with numerous counts of battery against women over the years. In June 2012, he began serving a 90-day jail sentence after pleading guilty to misdemeanor battery against his former girlfriend.
Rousey has had quite the successful year. She maintained her perfect record in MMA bouts by defeating Cat Zingano in February, and she appeared in the films Furious 7 and Entourage. She next faces Bethe Correia in a UFC bout on Aug. 1.
has knocked out more women than Bill Cosby.””]
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day