- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Dress: A two-piece ensemble from Alexander McQueen’s spring 2016 line composed of an asymmetrical band-inspired jacket and a tiered lace skirt.
The Wearer: Rooney Mara.
Read more You Can Now Buy Dior Shoes Online
The Event: The 2015 Governors Awards in L.A. on Saturday evening, where the actress was joined on the carpet by Carol co-star Cate Blanchett as well as Amy Schumer, Rachel Weisz and Brie Larson.
Why We Dig: From bold hairstyles to a fearless wardrobe, Mara is no stranger to red-carpet risks. But though she always opts for powerful statement pieces, her looks are always effortless rather than in-your-face and over-the-top, like Lady Gaga’s or Rihanna’s daring takes. This bright red McQueen ensemble, with a tiered lace skirt and band- geek-chic jacket, is the perfect embodiment of her unflappable style. Styled with a cool ponytail, minimal makeup and not a single piece of jewelry, Mara looks as though she woke up, rolled out of bed and threw on the McQueen look without a second glance.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day