- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Awards-season fashion is always exciting when Rooney Mara is in the mix. Need proof? The starlet arrived on the Oscars red carpet on Sunday evening in a sheer white gown by Givenchy Haute Couture that definitely had us doing double takes. The actress, who loves a risky hairstyle, upped the drama with a daring ‘do to top off her cool look.
Mara is nominated for best supporting actress for her work in Carol, putting her up against the likes of Jennifer Jason Leigh, Rachel McAdams, Alicia Vikander and Kate Winslet. This is her second chance at an Oscar; in 2011, she was nominated for best actress for her role in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.
The 88th Academy Awards — hosted by Chris Rock — airs live Sunday, Feb. 28, at 5:30 p.m. PT/8:30 p.m. ET on ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day