- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Don’t be fooled by the romantic, delicately embellished Alexander McQueen gown that Rooney Mara wore to the London Film Festival premiere of her new film, Carol — the girl definitely has an edge to her style.
Though the rest of her beauty look was done in her signature minimalist makeup, with a classic deep red lip adding depth and just a touch of drama, her hair was where the dainty ensemble had us doing a double take.
The top half of Mara’s hair was gathered into a sleek, slicked-back ponytail, which then was coiled tightly with a baby pink rope in the same manner as the ‘90s-style hair wraps of yore. The bottom half of her hair appeared to have been gathered and added to the coil before being looped upwards so that the ends peeked out of the wrap in a directional flick.
This isn’t the actress’ first severe-in-a-cool-way hairstyle. Between funky ponytails, blunt microbangs and impossibly tight topknots, it’s safe to say that Mara is a hairstyle star for the books.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Roe V. Wade