- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Onscreen, Rose Byrne is turning heads as Gloria Steinem on FX on Hulu’s Mrs. America and as a Kellyanne Conway type in Jon Stewart’s Irresistible from Focus Features.
Offscreen, she’s been isolating in Brooklyn with partner Bobby Cannavale and their two kids, trying her hand at a popular pandemic activity — making banana bread.
“There’s been a lot of baking going on, a lot of baking,” Byrne says during an interview to discuss her role in Stewart’s film, a character she calls a “political animal.” “I put a plantain in the banana bread, though, and it was so dry. Even the kids were like, ‘I don’t want any.’ But that’s what happens when you live with a Cuban: There are plantains all around.”
Something that turned out just right? Byrne’s herbal-remedy drinks, aka penicillin cocktails.
A post shared by Rose Byrne (@fullyrosebyrne) on
A version of this story first appeared in the July 8 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. Click here to subscribe.