- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Bridesmaids star would take on the role of Grace, dutiful assistant to Jamie Foxx‘s Oliver “Daddy” Warbucks character (here called Benjamin Stacks), the rich New York financier who takes in the titlular orphan, played in the adaptation by Quvenzhane Wallis.
Cameron Diaz has signed on to play Miss Hannigan, the story’s villainous orphanage matron.
Based on the Great Depression-era comic strip, the Jay-Z– and Will Smith-produced update of the iconic Broadway musical is set in modern times.
Will Gluck is directing the project. Other producers include Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment partners James Lassiter and Jada Pinkett-Smith as well as Jay Brown and Tyran “Ty Ty” Smith of Marcy Media.
The movie is due for a Christmas Day 2014 release, slated to open directly opposite Disney’s big-budget adaptation of Stephen Sondheim‘s Into the Woods.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day