- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Roseanne Barr may end up on the Green Party’s ticket, after all.
The comedian and TV star launched her campaign for the left-leaning third party’s presidential nomination in February, but despite her very public (and colorful) Twitter proclamations and national television appearances, she finished far behind Jill Stein in the delegate count. Still, star power counts for something, especially for independent parties, and with the Greens convening in Baltimore this weekend, Barr may play a big role.
Ben Manski, Stein’s campaign manager, told The Washington Post that Barr is “one of the people who was on the shortlist,” for vice president, making it possible that Barr’s scheduled speech is an acceptance speech.
If she gets the nod, she’ll bring more attention to her pet issues: pot legalization, ending homeowner and credit card debt, cutting taxes and enacting healthcare for all.
Unfortunately, it would also mean that Barr could not run with her own VP choice, Willie Nelson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day