- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Comedian Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) is in talks to appear on NBC’s newly ordered midseason comedy Are You There, Vodka? It’s Me, Chelsea.
“I’m talking to Roseanne Barr to do some guest episodes as my aunt,” show creator/executive producer Chelsea Handler told The Hollywood Reporter. “She’s interested in doing it, so it should be fun.”
The multicamera comedy is based on Handler’s autobiographical book of the same name about her prefame life as a waitress. Barr joins Laura Prepon (That ’70s Show), who stars as the lead, and Handler in a recurring role as her own sister, Sloan.
The casting marks an upgrade in the project for Barr. Writers Julie Larson and Dottie Dartland Zicklin originally had Barr in mind for a cameo in the pilot as a lesbian prison inmate who befriends Chelsea after her arrest for a DUI. That role went to Glee’s Dot Jones.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day