- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLOGNE, Germany – The International Film Festival Rotterdam unveiled its typically ambitious and eclectic Bright Futures lineup Wednesday, announcing the 74 feature films, all from first- or second-time directors, that will screen in Rotterdam’s main section.
The breadth and scope of the Rotterdam festival make it hard to sum up. This year’s lineup runs the gambit from the expressive art house of A Fallible Girl – a feature from British director Conrad Clark (Soul Carriage) set among Chinese entrepreneurs in Dubai, to the genre focus of David ‘Tosh’ Gitonga‘s Nairobi Half Life, an African crime story which German director Tom Tykwer co-produced and Richard Raaphorst‘s WWII zombie film Frankenstein’s Army to the experimental approach of U.S. artist Penny Lane in Our Nixon, her debut feature, complied from previously unseen Super 8 footage recorded by members of Richard Nixon‘s staff during his presidency.
The full Rotterdam lineup is available online.
The 42nd International Film Festival Rotterdam runs Jan. 25 – Feb. 3.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day