- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLOGNE — Finnish gaming group Rovio Entertainment has announced a sequel to its Angry Birds Star Wars title, a massively successful game that has clocked more than 100 million downloads worldwide.
Angry Birds Star Wars II will bow Sept. 19, Rovio announced on its website Monday. The sequel, another cooperation with Star Wars producers Lucasfilm, will again combine figures from the sci-fi universe with the physics-based bird-tossing game that has made Rovio rich.
Rovio is also teaming up with toy-makers Hasbro on the new game, providing licensing tie-ins that will be promoted at Comic-Con in San Diego this week.
An animated 3D feature, based on the Angry Birds gaming franchise, has been set up at Sony Pictures, with delivery planned for July of 2016.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Mindy Kaling, Bruce Springsteen, Julia Louis-Dreyfus Among Honorees of White House’s National Medals of Arts
Ed Sheeran Goes on Intimate Journey in New Disney+ Docuseries ‘Ed Sheeran: The Sum of It All’
Mark Twain Prize
Adam Sandler’s Starry Friends Toast His Comic Legacy as He Receives Mark Twain Humor Prize
Jason Ritter Jokes His First Hollywood Job Was a “Full-on Nepotism Hire” Thanks to His Dad John Ritter