- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“David’s not bad” for a boy, the 38-year-old British athlete, who has four children with wife Victoria “Posh Spice” Beckham, joked in an interview with Sky News, the U.K. news network that is part of pay TV giant BSkyB in which Rupert Murdoch‘s 21st Century Fox owns a 39 percent stake. “I think they should go for David,” he added with a smile.
The Beckhams’ own children have more unusual names. Their sons are called Brooklyn Joseph, Romeo James and Cruz David. Their daughter is Harper Seven.
Beckham, who is also an ambassador for Sky Sports and is currently starring in a new TV commercial for the BSkyB sports service, also predicted that the two royals are “going to be amazing parents, because they are so loving toward children.”
“William has been in all of our lives for so many years,” he told Sky News. “We have seen William grow from that young boy into an unbelievable gentleman. That’s an amazing quality. And that as a father is so important.”
Beckham ended his soccer career earlier this year after a stint at French club Paris Saint-Germain.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day