- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON — The Royal Television Society here said Monday that it has appointed former Walt Disney strategy and deal expert Theresa Wise as CEO.
She will take the reins at the British educational organization for the discussion and analysis of TV in March. The group is the oldest TV society in the world.
Wise has 25 years of experience across the TV, broader media and technology sectors.
At Disney, she was senior vp corporate strategy for Europe, the Middle East and Africa from 2008 until 2010. In that role, she focused on evaluating and executing acquisitions across her region. She also sat on the conglomerate’s European management board.
Since her departure, Wise has worked as an independent media analyst and consultant.
Before her time at Disney, Wise worked at consulting firm Accenture where she was a partner in the media and entertainment practice. Earlier in her career, she worked at Deloitte Consulting, British Satellite Broadcasting and BT.
“The Royal Television Society is a distinguished organization with a cherished past and exciting future, and it is a privilege to be appointed its CEO,” Wise said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day