- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
J.K. Simmons and Emile Hirsch are an unlikely pairing in The Hollywood Reporter’s first look at The Runaround.
The film sees Oscar winner Simmons (Whiplash) playing a workaholic father who travels to Los Angeles to visit his daughter (Analeigh Tipton) only to find her missing. He begrudgingly teams up with his daughter’s ex-boyfriend (Hirsch) to find her.
Gavin Wiesen is directing the film from a script by Seth W. Owen. The Solution is handling international sales at the Berlin Film Festival while UTA and Gersh are shopping it domestically.
The film, now in postproduction, was produced by Mandy Tagger-Brockey, Adi Ezroni, Ron Perlman, Josh Crook and P. Jennifer Dana.
Wiesen’s feature film debut, The Art of Getting By, which starred Emma Roberts and Freddie Highmore, premiered at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival and was released by Fox Searchlight Pictures.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day