- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Drag Race host appeared in a short segment in the middle of the show as “Emmy,” the personification of the night’s true star: the winged angel.
Sitting down with host Stephen Colbert, RuPaul dished on what it’s like to a be a coveted Hollywood award and the relationship with other awards.
“Do you like Oscar?” Colbert asked.
“He’s cute,” responded RuPaul’s Emmy. “We actually dated for a little while. I had to break it off, I just couldn’t date a man who’s naked all the time holding a sword.”
RuPaul also offered advice on how to accept the award: “If you win: own it, share it, love it. When you get up on that stage don’t say you’re surprised how heavy I am, that’s just plain rude.”
RuPaul’s Drag Race earned a nomination for best reality-competition series at Sunday’s awards. The host won his first Emmy last year for outstanding host of a reality or reality competition series, and took home the same award at last week’s Creative Arts Emmy Awards for the show, which has since moved to VH1.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day