- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
For the last three decades of his career, RuPaul Charles has been cementing his place in American pop culture. Now the Emmy-winning host of RuPaul’s Drag Race will see his legacy cemented in a much more literal sense.
RuPaul will be receiving his own star on the famous Hollywood Walk of Fame. The world-famous drag queen will see his name among the newest additions to the walk on Friday, March 16. His star will be located directly outside the offices of World of Wonder, the production company responsible for RuPaul’s Drag Race.
RuPaul is in good company — fellow recipients this year include Jennifer Lawrence, Shonda Rimes, Ryan Murphy, Lin-Manuel Miranda and more. The drag star’s name will be joining more than 2,600 others along Hollywood Boulevard.
This just adds another accolade to RuPaul’s growing collection of accomplishments. He won two consecutive Emmy awards for hosting Drag Race, along with a few Critics’ Choice and GLAAD Media awards, and has seen his show’s ratings skyrocket over the last year.
This story originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Queen of Basketball