- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rupert Murdoch is looking to pick up a new property.
“About to celebrate buying beautiful small vineyard right in LA. Great wine, Moraga, owned by great Angelino Tom Jones. Time cover,1961!,” wrote the News Corp. chairman Friday on Twitter.
Moraga is a 13-acre vineyard located in Bel Air.
A source told The Hollywood Reporter in February that Murdoch saw the estate in the pages of News Corp. newspaper The Wall Street Journal and was contemplating purchasing the vineyard, listed for $29.5 million.
Surterre Properties’ Jim Kline, who represents the listing for the estate, tells THR on Saturday that Murdoch is currently in escrow to buy the Moraga Vineyards Estate.
In the 1930s, Victor Fleming, director of The Wizard of Oz, owned the sprawling property.
Tom Jones, the current owner, isn’t the Welsh singer of the same name but rather the ex-CEO of Northrop Corporation, who indeed was featured on the cover of a 1961 issue of Time dedicated to the aerospace industry.
The wines of Moraga Vineyard sell commercially at a variety of California restaurants, hotels and retail stores.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day