- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
LONDON – A spokesperson for Tony Blair flatly denied media rumors that Wendi Murdoch is romantically involved with the former British prime minister.
When contacted by The Hollywood Reporter, the rep said: “If you are asking if they are having an affair, the answer is no.” UPDATE: It has since been made clear to THR by Blair’s rep that there has never been an affair.
PHOTOS: Rupert Murdoch and Wendi Deng Through the Years
The questions swirling around Wendi Murdoch’s reportedly close friendships with various powerful men — including Blair, MySpace co-founder Chris DeWolfe, and Google executive chairman Eric Schmidt — began trending on the Internet overnight after news broke Thursday that Rupert Murdoch, 82, had begun divorce proceedings in New York.
PHOTOS: Rupert Murdoch’s Family Photos
The spokesperson said Blair would not be making a public comment on the divorce proceedings himself.
Blair is godfather to Rupert and Wendi Murdoch’s two children, Grace, 11, and Chloe, 9.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day