- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – A spokesperson for Tony Blair flatly denied media rumors that Wendi Murdoch is romantically involved with the former British prime minister.
When contacted by The Hollywood Reporter, the rep said: “If you are asking if they are having an affair, the answer is no.” UPDATE: It has since been made clear to THR by Blair’s rep that there has never been an affair.
The questions swirling around Wendi Murdoch’s reportedly close friendships with various powerful men — including Blair, MySpace co-founder Chris DeWolfe, and Google executive chairman Eric Schmidt — began trending on the Internet overnight after news broke Thursday that Rupert Murdoch, 82, had begun divorce proceedings in New York.
The spokesperson said Blair would not be making a public comment on the divorce proceedings himself.
Blair is godfather to Rupert and Wendi Murdoch’s two children, Grace, 11, and Chloe, 9.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day