- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Mandate project, which was once titled Lamb of God, follows a young conservative religious woman (Hough) who loses her faith after a plane crash, decides to go to Las Vegas to live the life of a sinner, and on her journey finds her way back to her faith. Brand plays her unlikely companion who helps her find herself.
Mason Novick is producing the project, which is eying a spring start.
Mandate has been moving fast on the feature, picking it up in late June and looking to cast almost immediately.
The company has been very high on it as it marks the third collaboration between the players. (Juno was the first while the upcoming Young Adult drama is the second.)
Brand and Hough recently wrapped Rock of Ages for New Line. Brand last starred in Arthur while Hough, who made her feature debut with Burlesque, will next be seen in Footloose.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day