- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Major Russian broadcaster CTC Media has struck an exclusive deal with NBCUniversal Dreamworks for a package of animated series, including Turbo FAST, All Hail King Julien and The Mr. Peabody & Sherman Show, which are to be aired on its flagship network CTC.
“Animation is the cornerstone of children’s content programming for CTC network,” said Vyacheslav Murugov, CEO of CTC Media, in a press release.
“Animated series from Dreamworks Animation are one of the best products in its genre, and it is conceptually corresponds with CTC’ family audiences,” he went on to say.
The package also includes Dragons: Riders of Berk, Dragons: Defenders of Berk, Dragons: Race To The Edge, The Adventure of Puss in Boots and Dawn of the Croods.
The deals comes as follow-up to CTC Media’s previous deal, under which it obtained Russian rights to Dreamworks Animation’s feature-length animated films, such as Madagascar, How to Train Your Dragon and Puss in Boots.
In addition to CTC, CTC Media runs Domashni, Che and ??? Love networks in Russia, Channel 31 in Kazakhstan and the international version of the network Perets.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Women in Entertainment
Women in Entertainment 2022