- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Apple Original Films has picked up Anthony and Joe Russo’s latest movie, Cherry, an addiction and crime drama to star Tom Holland and Ciara Bravo.
And early 2021 debut on Apple TV+ is planned. Based on Nico Walker’s debut novel, Cherry portrays a former Army medic who returns from Iraq with extreme undiagnosed PTSD, falls into opioid addiction and begins robbing banks.
Cherry, from the Russo Brother’s AGBO banner and The Hideaway Entertainment, is co-written by Jessica Goldberg and Angela Russo-Otstot. The ensemble cast includes Kelli Burglund, Jack Reynor, Forrest Goodluck, Jeff Wahlberg, Michael Gandolfini and Thomas Lennon.
The producer credits are shared by Anthony Russo and Joe Russo, Mike Larocca, Chris Castaldi, Jonathan Gray and Matthew Rhodes. Executive producers are Todd Makurath, Jake Aust, Kristy Maurer Grisham and Judd Payne.
Also upcoming from Apple Original Films is On The Rocks, from director Sofia Coppola, and starring Rashida Jones and Bill Murray; The Sky is Everywhere, starring Cherry Jones and Jason Segel; and Boys State.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day