- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ryan Adams and Mandy Moore have filed for divorce after nearly six years of marriage.
Reps for the couple issued the following statement on Friday, Jan. 23:
“Ryan Adams and Mandy Moore have mutually decided to end their marriage of almost six years. It is a respectful, amicable parting of ways. Both Ryan and Mandy ask that the media respect their privacy at this time.”
The Grammy-nominated singer and the Tangled actress, ages 40 and 30, respectively, were married in March 2009 in Savannah, Georgia. According to a source, the two marked their five-year anniversary with a party in their adopted hometown of Los Angeles during which Adams toasted his wife and thanked her for putting up with his black metal obsession.
Adams is nominated for a Grammy for best rock song for “Gimme Something Good” off his latest album, Ryan Adams, released in Sept. 2014.
Moore’s most recent acting credit is the Fox show Red Band Society.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day