- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ryan Condal has been hired to adapt “Ocean,” a comic miniseries by Warren Ellis that is set up at Warner Bros. Nick Wechsler and Hollywood Gang’s Gianni Nunnari are producing.
The story revolves around the discovery of thousands of coffins containing angel-like bodies and a giant weapon of mass destruction beneath the ice on Europa, one of Jupiter’s moons. A U.N. weapons inspector is sent to investigate the find, teaming with a space station crew, when a powerful conglomerate moves in to exploit the discovery.
Six issues of the comic book were published in 2005 and 2006, with Wechsler and Nunnari optioning the film rights in August 2007. The two are working on bringing Frank Miller’s “Ronin” to the big screen.
Hollywood Gang’s Craig J. Flores is executive producing “Ocean.”
Condal, a relative newcomer, is known for his spec “Galahad,” a revisionist take on the King Arthur legend. He is repped by WMA and Energy Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day