- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ryan Gosling took home the Golden Globe for best performance by an actor in a motion picture, comedy or musical, for La La Land on Sunday night.
“This isn’t the first time I’ve been confused for Ryan Reynolds,” the actor joked as he accepted his award. The actor also thanked Eva Mendes and their two daughters.
Backstage, Gosling spoke with press about what initially drew him to the film. “The thing that spoke to me about this film is the idea of pursuing your dream,” he said, adding, “I think now is a very appropriate time for that.”
This was one of the acclaimed musical’s seven nominations and seven wins of the night, making it the most Golden Globe wins by a movie in history. The film surpasses the 1975 motion picture, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest and the 1978 flick, Midnight Express.
Jimmy Fallon hosted the 74th annual Golden Globe Awards, which took place at the Beverly Hilton on Jan. 8.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day