- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Love Story actor Ryan O’Neal announced he is battling cancer again.
“Recently I was diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer,” the actor, 70, said in a statement to People magazine. “Although I was shocked and stunned by the news, I feel fortunate that it was detected early and according to my extraordinary team of doctors the prognosis is positive for a full recovery.”
O’Neal, 70, was treated for myelogenous leukemia in the late 1990s. His prostate cancer diagnosis comes only three years after the death of his longtime love, Farrah Fawcett, who died of complications related to anal cancer at age 62.
Despite the diagnosis being stage 4, the actor added in his statement, “I am deeply grateful for the support of my friends and family during this time, and I urge everyone to get regular check-ups, as early detection is the best defense against this horrible disease that has afflicted so many.”
O’Neal has written a memoir about his life with Fawcett, called Both of Us, expected to be released May 1.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day