- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ryan O’Neal‘s son, Redmond O’Neal, pleaded no contest to drug and weapons charges Wednesday and was ordered by a judge to spend one year to rehab, Reuters reports.
The 26-year-old son of Farrah Fawcett, was arrested earlier this year after police found heroin and marijuana in his car after a traffic stop. After searching his house, officers uncovered a gun, and because O’Neal was on probation for a prior conviction, he was not allowed to possess any firearms.
On Wednesday, the judge ordered five more years of probation for O’Neal. He had pleaded no contest to one count of possessing heorin and one count of possession of a firearm by a felon.
Earlier this month, Ryan O’Neal said that his son “never recovered from the loss of his mother.”
“Addicts keep using until they want to stop. We’re praying for him every day,” he added.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day