- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The private couple has kept their child’s name a secret amid reports that her name is James.
“It’s ‘James,'” he said in a portion of the interview that aired Friday morning. “Everyone knows.”
Although “James” might not seem like the most conventional pick for a baby girl, it’s not quite as exotic as some of the names Reynolds joked about giving to his daughter.
Before she was born, he said he was going to name her “Excalibur Anaconda Reynolds,” NBC’s Willie Geist recalled during his interview with Reynolds. And Reynolds joked during the interview that her name is “Butternut Summersquash.”
Reynolds said he kept the name a secret because he didn’t want to be known as the dad who told the media his daughter’s name, particularly when James becomes a teenager.
“Before it was out there, I didn’t want to be the first guy screaming it out to the media,” he explained. “Because as we know, little girls turn into teenage girls and little teenage girls sometimes scan through the archives and go, ‘Why did you do that?'”
The full interview airs on April 1.
— TODAY (@TODAYshow) March 20, 2015
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day