- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ryan Reynolds is in talks to star in The Rosie Project, a romantic dramedy being developed by Sony’s TriStar Pictures.
The move reanimates the project that was in development last summer with Jennifer Lawrence to star and Richard Linklater to direct. Lawrence, however, left in October when her schedule was overstuffed.
The producers — Matt Tolmach and Michael Costigan — and studio vowed to rebuild, and now they are closing on Reynolds, who post-Deadpool is in demand as he enjoys a career resurgence.
TriStar had no comment.
Rosie Project tells the story of a socially inept genetics professor who comes up with a scientifically sound survey to find the perfect mate. His plans go awry when he meets Rosie Jarman, who in her whirlwind manner possesses all the opposite qualities he should be looking for.
Rosie Project is an adaptation of the book by Graeme Simsion and has a script by Scott Neustadter and Michael Weber.
Reynolds, who is repped by WME, is set to begin shooting the action pic The Hitman’s Bodyguard this month and has a role in Life, Skydance’s sci-fi movie which reunites him with his Safe House director Daniel Espinosa. Also on the docket is a Deadpool sequel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day