- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Match Group, which owns Match.com, Tinder, OKCupid, Hinge, and other dating and relationship brands, has added actor Ryan Reynolds and investor Wendi Murdoch to its board of directors.
The appointment of Murdoch and Reynolds to the company’s board comes as Match completes its spinoff from Barry Diller’s IAC. Match began trading on the NASDAQ as a stand-alone company this morning.
In a statement, Murdoch said that she joined the board because the company’s brands and apps “are still in their infancy in many parts of the world, and I’m excited to be a part of the team that is so focused on accelerating this adoption on a global basis.”
“Most millennials and Gen Z can’t remember what dating was like before the advent of Tinder, OkCupid and Hinge,” Reynolds said in a statement. “These brands have enormous responsibility and opportunities to affect societies, all while embracing new technologies and remaining at the forefront of pop culture. I’m ready to roll up my sleeves and work with the team on their future growth and success.”
In addition to Murdoch and Reynolds, Match also named ExecOnline CEO Stephen Bailey and NBA executive vp Melissa Brenner to its board.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day