- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Professional athletes, action sports stars and celebrities came together to show their support for professional skateboarder Ryan Sheckler’s sixth annual celebrity golf tournament.
The event, hosted by the Sheckler Foundation, raised more than $200,000 for injured sports athletes and children in need, all in the name of its “Be the Change” initiative.
The panoramic Trump National Golf Club in Rancho Palos Verdes served as the backdrop for Monday’s charity event, which drew the likes of returning actors/attendees Wilmer Valderrama and Danny Masterson along with Chris McDonald, perhaps best known for his role as Shooter McGavin in Happy Gilmore.
Pro athletes Travis Pastrana, Jeremy “Twitch” Stenberg, Sean Malto, James Driscoll and Ryan DeCenzo also teed off for the cause.
After hitting the links, the golfers convened inside the clubhouse to participate in a live auction. The $200,000-plus was the most the foundation has ever drawn.
Guests were treated to a performance by 11-time world champion surfer Kelly Slater, who joined singer Kelley James onstage to write and play a song for the finale.
Sponsors included Oakley, Nixon, GoPro, Red Bull, Ford and Fred Water, the last of which served as the benefactor for the crowd-favorite, $5,000 Helicopter Ball Drop.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day