- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Saban Brands is joining the big top circus.
The affiliate of Saban Capital Group is pacting with Cirque du Soleil Media on a cross-platform kids property based on the Quebec-based entertainment brand.
The partnership calls for a TV series, online content and merchandising spinoffs for the kids property with worldwide appeal.
“With Saban Brands’ experienced and existing portfolio of energized brands, bold characters and fresh content, I am confident this is the start of an amazing partnership between two companies with similar artistic values,” said Jacques Methe, president of Cirque du Soleil Média, in a statement on Monday.
CAA brokered the deal with Saban Brands on behalf of Cirque du Soleil Media.
Saban Brands was launched in 2010 to acquire and develop kids properties with consumer brand potential.
Cirque du Soleil Media is a joint venture between Cirque du Soleil and Canadian media giant Bell Media, and is charged with creating film, TV, digital and gaming content for worldwide distribution.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day