- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Style-setter and Stranger Things star Sadie Sink chose to wear a custom gown designed by actress Rooney Mara and her made-in-L.A. vegan fashion brand Hiraeth to the 2018 Emmy Awards.
“I have always admired Rooney Mara’s personal style, so I completely trusted her vision for this look,” says Sink’s stylist, Molly Dickson. “We started a conversation with Rooney and the Hiraeth team a couple months ago. Sadie is vegan and Hiraeth is a vegan line, so it just seemed like an organic collaboration.”
“Whenever I’m dressing clients, I gravitate toward the juxtaposition of masculine-feminine,” adds Dickson. “Sadie’s look is very sweet and feminine but has an element of toughness with the faux-leather shoulder detail.”
The 14-year-old star’s cotton poplin Hiraeth gown, embellished with an allover floral lace overlay, has intricate white floral appliques on the sleeves that are handmade from vegan leather, according to a spokesperson for the brand, while the overlay is crafted of viscose crepe.
In a similarly pretty-tough style, Sink wore a spring-summer 2019 ruffled cream Hiraeth frock topped off with a black faux- leather harness and moto boots to the Netflix pre-Emmys party last night.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day