- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Another day, another Nicolas Sparks adaptation.
Lasse Hallstrom’s Safe Haven is the seventh film based on a novel by the bestselling writer, and it’s got plenty of the elements that fans loved about The Notebook and Dear John.
The film follows a young woman named Katie Feldman (Julianne Hough) who is obviously running from trouble. She arrives in a sleepy seaside town and meets a handsome widower named Alex Wheatley (Josh Duhamel).
And then: eye contact, a canoe ride, a little frolicking in the rain and an über-romantic kiss.
Relativity won the bidding war for the movie rights to Safe Haven before the book hit shelves in 2010.
Hallstrom is no stranger to Sparks’ work, having directed 2010’s Dear John, which starred Amanda Seyfried and Channing Tatum and grossed more than $114 million worldwide.
Safe Haven will hit theaters just in time for Valentine’s Day on Feb. 8, 2013.
Watch the trailer below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day