- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It is unknown whether Roberta Reardon, who became co-president with Howard after SAG and AFTRA merged into one union in 2012, is running for re-election as well.
In September 2011, Howard was re-elected as SAG president for his second term. At the time, Howard told The Hollywood Reporter the results of the election — which favored pro-merger candidates — were “an overwhelming endorsement of the merger.”
Howard’s decision to run for a third term comes after SAG-AFTRA approved the recently negotiated commercials contract and a restructuring plan that included 60 layoffs, which began in early May.
The deadline for election nominating petitions for president and other positions is 5 p.m. June 14. Additionally, the cutoff for voting eligibility is June 17. Members must be in good standing for the Nov. 1, 2012, and/or May 1, 2013 dues period.
On July 16, ballots are mailed for voting with the deadline to return set for 6:30 a.m. Aug. 15. The convention takes place Sept. 26-29.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Portia de Rossi