- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A version of this story first appeared in the Jan. 29 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
Cancer has claimed the lives of David Bowie, Alan Rickman, Grizzly Adams‘ Dan Haggerty and Celine Dion’s husband, Rene Angelil, in recent days, but rumors that SAG-AFTRA president Ken Howard is gravely ill with cancer are not true, according to his rep. The rumor floated after the holidays was that Howard was battling stage 4 prostate cancer, but SAG-AFTRA chief communications and marketing officer Pamela Greenwalt says: “Ken was diagnosed and has been under a doctor’s care for prostate cancer since 2007, but he was recently admitted to the hospital for treatment of shingles. He has been released and is recovering at home.”
She adds that the 71-year-old never stopped working: “He’s never relinquished his duties. He’s remained in contact with other officers and staff, even from the hospital.”
Howard was re-elected to his post in August and is scheduled to appear at the SAG Awards on Jan. 30.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day