- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Crazy Eyes is officially a SAG Award winner.
The Orange Is the New Black actress took home the award for playing beloved inmate Suzanne “Crazy Eyes” Warren on the Netflix series over fellow nominees Julie Bowen of Modern Family, Nurse Jackie‘s Edie Falco, Veep’s Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Amy Poehler of Parks and Recreation.
After thanking show creator and showrunner Jenji Kohan and Netflix’s Ted Sarandos and Cindy Holland, she told her cast, “Without whom this is not possible — I love you guys so desperately, so much. This is not done without you at all, every step of the way.”
She closed her tear-filled speech by telling the auditorium, “The day I got this job was the day I had stopped acting. And to be in a room with all of you amazing human beings, amazing talents, for what I respect and love so much is really, truly, the greatest honor.”
Aduba’s latest honor follows her Emmy win last August, which was Netflix’s first acting kudo at the Emmys. Later in the evening, the series also took home the best comedy series ensemble award.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day