- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
At the 19th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards on Sunday, stars of the big and small screens gathered to celebrate the work of actors of the past year.
While this event is just one of many stops during awards season, it’s a night to celebrate actors and the craft of acting, because it’s the members of SAG who vote on their peers.
In that spirit, The Hollywood Reporter asked the actors on the red carpet about the most common misconceptions about actors.
Here are some of the answers. Watch the video above for more.
Modern Family star Nolan Gould: “That kid actors do not have good fashion.” (He then shows off his fancy dark red tux.)
Breaking Bad actress Anna Gunn: “One of the biggest misconceptions is that we’re all very outgoing and gregarious. Actually, a lot of actors are very shy people and the reason sometimes that we go into acting is because we are actually shy people and it’s a way that we find in order to express ourselves.”
30 Rock star Katrina Bowden: “It’s not really as glamorous as it looks.”
Paul Sparks from Boardwalk Empire: “That they’re out for themselves and that they behave badly. It just doesn’t happen that often. It does happen, but just not that often.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day