- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The cast of Orange Is the New Black won the SAG Award for outstanding performance by an ensemble in a comedy series on Sunday night.
The Netflix comedy beat out The Big Bang Theory, Black-ish, Modern Family and Veep for the honor.
The kids from Netflix’s fellow series, Stranger Things, presented them with the award.
Speaking for the group, Taylor Schilling spoke about President Donald Trump’s recent immigration ban: “We stand up here representing a diverse group of people, representing generations of families who have sought a better life here,” the actress said, as castmembers shouted out their countries of origin. “We know that it’s going to be up to us and all of you to keep telling stories. What united us is stronger than the forces that seek to divide us.”
The awards were handed out at the Shrine Exposition Center in Los Angeles.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day