- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The cast of Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri won the SAG Award for best performance by a cast in a motion picture on Sunday night.
The film beat out The Big Sick, Get Out, Lady Bird and Mudbound for the honor.
The film won big at the awards show on Sunday night: Frances McDormand took home the award for best actress and Sam Rockwell won best supporting actor honors. The wins cap off a string of successes at other awards shows in recent weeks. Three Billboards previously won four Golden Globes — including best picture, drama — and three Critics’ Choice Awards.
The film follows Mildred (McDormand), a grieving mother who challenges the police force who she feels has not done enough to solve the murder and rape of her daughter.
The SAG Awards were simulcast live on TNT and TBS from the Shrine Exposition Center in Los Angeles, with Kristen Bell serving as the first-ever host of the show, which featured an all-female lineup of presenters. Morgan Freeman received the Lifetime Achievement Award.
Keep up with all of the SAG Awards news here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Hollywood Reporter
saturday night live