- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sony Music Entertainment is expected to name Salaam Remi as executive VP of A&R/production, according to sources familiar with the situation. In his new role, the Grammy-nominated producer and songwriter will work across all Sony labels.
Remi’s most recent credits include Alicia Keys‘ current top five R&B/hip-hop hit “Girl on Fire” and Tamia‘s “Beautiful Surprise,” plus credits on the latest albums by Miguel (“Kaleidoscope Dream”) and Nas (“Life Is Good”). His extensive discography also includes production collaborations with Amy Winehouse, Monica, Jazmine Sullivan and the Fugees as well as several film scores (Sparkle, Tyson).
Remi is the latest of many hit songwriter-producers to join labels’ executive ranks. Last year, Chris “Tricky” Stewart was appointed to a senior A&R post at Epic Records and No I.D. was named EVP of A&R at Def Jam. And last month, The-Dream was appointed exec. VP of A&R for Def Jam. Singer-songwriter-producer Ne-Yo also holds a SVP title at Motown.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day