- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TLC’s new greatest hits album 20 is set to fly into the top 20 of the Billboard 200 chart next week.
Industry sources say the set might sell around 15,000 to 20,000 copies by the end of the tracking week on Sunday, Oct. 27. That could represent at least a 200 percent gain over last week’s sales, when it debuted at No. 72 with 5,000 sold (according to Nielsen SoundScan).
The gain was triggered by VH1’s premiere of its biopic CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story on Oct. 21. Its bow scored nearly 4.5 million viewers, according to Nielsen, making it VH1’s highest-rated original movie ever.
According to VH1, CrazySexyCool is also the No. 1 original cable movie of the year among adults and women 18-49. It also logged a 2.9 rating in the 18-49 demo.
20 was released on Tuesday, Oct. 15, and features 13 previously-released hits, along with one new song, “Meant to Be.” The act was last in the top 20 with 2002’s “3D” album, which debuted and peaked at No. 6 on the Nov. 30, 2012 chart.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Hollywood Reporter
saturday night live